Remove Bing Toolbar
A number of internet users prefer the installation of toolbars to enable them access some functionalities without too much navigation. Bing toolbar, for example, is a famous search engine tool that most users install. It provides users with the ease to get unlimited entertainment, connect with friends on social media and have quick access to its search engine feature.
With all these lovable features however, there is that time when one would like to totally remove the toolbar. This has been a source of headache for many. Below, you will find a step by step procedure with detailed instructions on how to remove Bing toolbar on some of the major browsers.
Remove Bing Toolbar from Internet Explorer
There are more than one ways of removing Bing toolbar from Internet Explorer (IE). You can easily remove the Bing toolbar completely through the Control Panel as explained under Remove Bing Toolbar from Firefox below. The other simple way to go about it is through the browser itself as indicated below.
- Click the Start Button and then on the appearing Start Menu, click on Internet Explorer under all programs.
- Once the Internet Explorer is up and running, Click on the Tools link on the uppermost menu. If the menu is not visible, tap the ALT key on your keyboard. Once you have clicked on the tools a drop down menu will then appear.
- Move down the drop down menu and click on Manage Add-ons.
- A list of toolbars will appear based on the number installed. Scroll down the add-ons list and locate the Bing toolbar that you would like to remove and single click on it.
- It will be highlighted and more options will appear. Click on the Disable option that appears on the Window if you want to remove the toolbar from your browser without completely removing it from the computer.
The handy thing about this method is that as a user, you have the ability to Disable and enable Bing toolbar at a later date.
Watch the video below to see a demonstration of the removal process:
Internet Explorer had maintained the way the menus are arranged throughout many versions making it easier to remove toolbars even with the upgrade of the browser.
Remove Bing Toolbar from Firefox
Currently, the Bing toolbar for Firefox has been discontinued indefinitely citing security issues with the Firefox version. However, for those who installed the Bing toolbar before it was discontinued and would like to remove the toolbar, they can still do so.
What you should know is that once the application has been removed you cannot install it again on the Firefox browser. It is advisable to remove the Bing toolbar for Firefox completely from your system since it will be of no use to you and might cause security concerns to your browser.
Follow the steps below to remove Bing bar completely from your computer.
- Click on Start Menu and navigate to Control Panel on the right side of the menu.
- Click on Control Panel and a new window will open displaying a number of options
- Click on Uninstall a Program and a long list of Programs installed in the computer.
- Check the list to find Bing bar and highlight it.
- Go to the top of the list and Click on Uninstall and the program will begin to uninstall.
If you need any further information on how to remove Bing toolbar, the following YouTube video will be of great help to you.
Currently, there is no Bing toolbar for Google Chrome or Firefox.
With the computer world growing every day, there might be a few changes in the procedure of how to install or remove particular applications. However, for the most stable platforms like Microsoft Windows, Mac and Linux, they exercise high level consistency and therefore nothing changes much in the way specific tools or buttons are located.
BROWSER BARS TAGS
- remove bing toolbar from google chrome
- remove bing from chrome
- remove bing from chrome browser
- Remove Bing Toolbar From Chrome
- Bing Toolbar
- remove bing bar from chrome
- remove bing chrome
- delete bing
- how to remove bing toolbar
- how to remove bing from internet explorer